How To End Your Granite Countertop Installation Problems
If you are wondering how to install granite countertops then there are a few things you should know.
Installing a granite countertop is generally not recommended as a DIY job.
That is simply because the granite slab itself is so heavy.
Granite is one of the hardest known building stones, and it’s sheer weight makes it difficult to work with.
It’s best to leave the installation of your granite countertops to the professionals.
You should find a company that specializes in cutting and installing granite. Most companies make this an easy, clean process that simply involves:
- You choosing the granite slab that will become your new countertop
- Coming to your home to take precise measurements
- Cutting the granite slab into the right size for your countertop (this is done at the company’s shop and therefore will not cause any mess in your home)
- Installing the granite in your home – takes only a few hours
If you are a handyman or handywoman and like to do things yourself there are ways you could help facilitate the installation of your granite and perhaps even save money in the process.
Most granite installers will charge a fee to:
- Remove your current countertop
- Deal with plumbing:
- Some granite installers are not licensed to deal with plumbing and you may need to hire a plumber if you don’t have a shut off valve already installed for your kitchen sink
- Your sink will have to be reconnected
If you are handy you can save money by removing your current counter top yourself and taking care of the plumbing on your own.
These are not difficult jobs that can be taken of to make the installation of your new countertop a little easier.
Ultimately, it’s best to leave granite installation to the pros. Contact NuStone Transformations today if you want more information about how to install granite countertops.