Go Green with Our Recycled Glass Mosaics
Let’s go green and talk about recycled glass mosaics.
Is it possible be earth friendly and trendy? Absolutely. If you’re interested in a sleek and modern look that produces few carbon emissions, recycled glass is your best bet. Not only are recycled glass countertops an attractive addition to your home, you will also end up saving a pretty penny in the long run due to its sustainability factor.
Recycled glass mosaic countertops are made from a combination of transparent tempered glass, post-consumer recycled glass and semi-precious stone fragments. They are a smart choice to use in your kitchen or bathroom since the surfaces are non-porous and easy to clean.
Consumers often decide to go with this slick option because they look absolutely gorgeous and will not end up dulling over time like many other materials.
Why the shift toward recycled glass mosaics
There are a number of reasons glass is a preferred option, let’s look at a few:
- Environmentally preferred option; made from up to 72% post-consumer recycled material.
- Adds value and charm.
- Many different colours to choose from.
- Extremely durable and functional.
- The non-porous surface makes it very easy to clean.
- They are heat, cold, scratch and stain resistant.
- No yearly sealing required, no grout to clean; completely maintenance free.
- There is no messy demolition required to install.
- Lifetime limited material warranty.
Hassle-free, pretty AND sustainable!
We know it’s not easy going green in the home while maintaining a certain level of style and sophistication. But if this is the result you want to achieve, installing glass countertops is a sure way to get the best of both worlds.
Glass countertops come in a variety of textures and colours. The exact mix of glass particles changes subtly with each slab, so you end up with a completely unique design that is sure to outlast any other material. The glass surface can even be made to emulate granite countertops when mixed with stones and coloured glass pieces.
Other ways to include a touch of glass in your home
If you’re not looking to upgrade your countertops any time soon, there are plenty of other ways to incorporate this exquisite material in your home.
- A glass kitchen island makes for a provocative and sleek focal point.
- Glass mosaics can brighten up kitchen counters, backsplashes, bathroom vanities, shower stalls, tub surrounds, and fireplaces.
There are very few drawbacks when it comes to going with glass surfaces in your home. The only bad news is that if you love doing home improvement projects yourself, this is not something you can undertake without the help of a professional as it voids any warranty.
Contact NuStone Transformations for a complimentary in-home consultation regarding our recycled glass countertops Ontario and other products.