Quartz vs Granite Countertops – Which Should You Buy?
If you are looking at quartz vs granite countertops and wondering which you should buy then you should look at the pros and cons of each to help you make your decision.
Quartz countertops are a man-made, engineered stone countertop that consist of 93% pulverized quartz and 7% resin.
Quartz countertops are available in a wide variety of colours and because they are man-made, the patterns and grains tend to be uniform in design.
- Durability – it is difficult to chip or scratch quartz because of it’s hardness
- Green – quartz does not emit any radon
- Non-porous – doesn’t stain easily
- Maintenance-free – doesn’t need to be sealed or treated
- Only available in uniform patterns
- Not unique – it is an abundant material that is made inexpensively
Granite countertops are a popular choice among homeowners because granite is a natural stone, found in many different parts of the world and available in beautiful and unique colours, patterns, grains and designs.
- Unique – no two pieces of granite are the same because it is a natural stone, which means that it comes in beautiful patterns, colours and designs
- Durable – as one of the hardest known building stones granite is durable and long-lasting
- Choice – you can choose a polished or unpolished finish for your granite countertops, depending on whether you’d like a natural or modern look
- Resistant – to water, heat and bacteria
- Low-maintenance – requires some maintenance (occasional sealing)
- Needs occasional sealing
- Since it is so unique it can be difficult to replace a section if it becomes damaged
Contact NuStone Transformations today to learn more about the differences between quartz vs granite countertops.