Take a Look Inside one of our Manufacturing Facilities
Let’s take a look inside one of our manufacturing facilities!
Have you ever wondered just where and how your custom granite countertop gets made before it’s installed at your home?
NuStone Transformations has locations all over the world.
And the manufacturing facilities in Sebring, Florida was kind enough to open their doors for a sneak peek.
Images courtesy of GraniteTranformations.com. Click on each image to view a larger version.
Just how big is this place? Well, it’s 160,000 square feet (which is the size of three football fields).
And it operates 24/7.
Meaning in any given year, it produces:
- 800,000 square metres of countertop surfaces (that’s actually bigger than Disneyland)
- 5 million square metres of mosaic backsplash tiles (which is approximately 4/5 the area of Monaco)
The NuStone Transformations plant in Sebring, Florida (and other plants around the globe, including Canada) is inspected regularly.
This is done to ensure products and process are meeting the following standards:
- Volatile Organic Compound (VOC) Emissions: Countertop surfaces made from glass and other aggregate materials must not produce VOC pollutants which can damage air quality
- Leadership in Energy & Environmental Design (LEED) Certification: Being LEED certified means that our products are built in green, eco-friendly facilities
Plus, we take great care to build our countertops with the environment in mind:
- All our products are made with 78% recycled materials
- We only use 40% raw/new material when building countertops and backsplashes
Lastly, our one-day countertop installation process ensures less waste ends up in local landfills and less irritants or pollutants are created.
Before these countertops and tiles leave the Sebring facility, they are tested to guarantee lifelong performance and appearance.
Here are just some of the quality assurance tests they go through prior to delivery to you:
- Thermal expansion: Many materials expand when they get hot. We use state-of-the-art axis robots to make sure your countertop can take it when hot items are put on them.
- Hand cut: Special designs and patterns are hand cut by crafted artisans. They are then inspected and installed by hand before undergoing a final, pre-seal check.
- Hand seal: Your products are hand-sealed using ForeverSeal®, a polymer resin that strengthens and makes your countertop stain and scratch-resistant (and yes, we test that too).
The sheer size of the Sebring, Florida plant means everything and everyone working on your granite countertop sample is under one roof.
Which means anywhere you look, you’ll find a skilled team working on your custom products:
Each person is trained to design, build and install your products to our exacting standards.
After all, it’s much easier (and less expensive too) to have our own team of in-house experts rather than outsourcing to pricey contractors who may not do the job right.
And that’s a big part of who we are at NuStone Transformations: Making it as seamless as possible for you to get the new kitchen or bathroom you’ve always wanted.
Book your FREE in-home consultation
Thanks for taking the time to look behind the scenes at one of our biggest manufacturing facilities.
(And thanks to the team at Sebring for letting us in.)
Now that you know how it’s made, the next step is to get the custom countertop or backsplash you deserve.